Sports

After the final spring training out was recorded the Red Sox were heading back to the Bronx. Back to the stadium where the horror 2012 season ended, back to the scene of three straight defeats to their oldest and most villainous rivals. In that three game series, the coup de grace of the Bobby Valentine…

A fun thing for most kids to learn while growing up about sports is how to throw a baseball. There are many kids that play baseball growing up like to go out and play catch with their parents or friends. It is important that they learn how to throw the ball the correct way with…

You can learn how to hit a baseball correctly in seven simple steps. While it still takes practice to perfect hitting, the technique is not complicated to understand. Assuming you have a baseball bat that is the proper size and weight for your body and strength, hitting should not be hard. First, if you are…

Last Friday, my husband and I took our two daughters to see, "42". Usually, I am not into non-fiction movies. My life is non-fiction. Why pay to see non-fiction? But, this particular movie taught my attention. Watching the trailer I realized I wanted my children to see the movie as well as I did. I…

Based on national averages, if your team can accomplish this one goal, you'll win 85% of your baseball games, and have an opportunity to win the other 15%. What is this magical formula? Preventing the big inning! I once watched Adam Wainwright, the St. Louis. Louis Cardinal's ace pitcher, demonstrate a child like exuberance when…

It's not uncommon, and becoming more common, to see major league hitters wearing a shin guard on his lead or front leg, but do you really know why they do this? Let's eliminate one answer immediately. It has nothing to do with the pitcher hitting you with a pitched ball, although that's always a possibility,…

Do professional baseball coaches and players coach and play the game differently than amateur players? A pretty stupid question as the answer is an obvious, yes. However, this silly question prompts a much more complicated one, which is when does an amateur coach teach and expect his players to begin the professional action ball player?…